Pelican Business Services (a trading name of Bristol Wessex Billing Services Limited) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are the data controller.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We may collect and process your personal data in the following ways:
- Information you give us. You may give us personal information by filling in forms on our website www.pelicanbusinessservices.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes, for instance, information you provide when you apply for a vacancy via our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth and other relevant information about your education and career history.
- Information we collect about you when you use our website. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); topics you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our career helpline or customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with a number of trusted third parties (including, for example business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide further details about services requested by you;
- to process applications for current vacancies;
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
- to communicate with you about services provided to you;
- to update our records;
- to analyse trends and profiles;
- for audit purposes;
- to carry out customer satisfaction research;
- to improve our products and services;
- to enable third parties to carry out any of the purposes above on our behalf.
How do we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following ways:
- We sometimes use agents and service providers to process personal information on our behalf. For example, we use third parties to send postal mail and to maintain our IT systems. Where we use agents and service providers to process your personal information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your personal information.
- When we carry out disclosure and barring service (DBS Check) we pass your information to agencies.
We will disclose your personal data if we are under a duty share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our contractual rights and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may share information with advertisers and advertising networks or other carefully selected partners that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- We share information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We may transfer your information to our group companies for the above and other purposes.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
In some circumstances we may transfer your personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area, where data protection safeguards are not as high as they are in the UK. If this occurs we will ensure that adequate procedures are put into place to protect your personal information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will ask for confirmation of identity before we disclose any personal information and may charge a £10 administration fee to process the request. Please address requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.